Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm sure there are plenty of Thankful Thursday posts out there.  This one, however, has a real history.

You see, my Hubs & I met on a Thursday, we got engaged on a Thursday, and we got married on a Thursday.  Since the time we met four years ago, we commemorate Thursdays as sort of 'our' day.  We will write a little note or email or do something special for each other. Of course, we always give a huge hug and say how thankful we are to have this beautiful life together.

I've also gotten into the habit of not only taking time to be thankful for my sweet Hubs, but also to take time to be thankful for other people and things in my life.  I sorta keep mindful throughout the day, taking notice of small things for which I am thankful. 

Things we take for granted.  Like not having to walk for miles for water just to brush my teeth.  All I have to do is turn on the faucet.  Flipping a switch for light.  Turning the thermostat up or down to make my home comfortable. Simple things we do a hundred times without realizing how so many in our world don't share this luxury.  It's so easy to forget how easy my life is sometimes.

Today, I am thankful for my Hubs (of course) but not just because he's a great husband but because he's so thoughtful.  I've had some back issues lately and one problem was my bed is just old and worn out.  So Hubs took me bed shopping last weekend.  The new bed is so luscious!  Sleeping on it is like sleeping on a cloud and I haven't woken up one day this week with a backache. 

This may not sound like a big deal but it is.  I haven't been working for awhile and money is somewhat tight.  But Hubs insisted we do this.  He said my health was much more important than anything else.  That's why he bought me the bike as well.  It's all to help me heal.  What a guy, right?

So what are you thankful for today?




Yup, that's the guy I married in Vegas. :)

2 comments:

  1. Giggling. Yesterday I was thankful for my water. Of course, last night, the hot water heater went out. But at least I have cold water so I'm still thanful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Downright laughing now. The plumbers came at 5. They said the water heater was cracked and proceed to turn off the water. Yup, now not only do we not have HOT water, we don't have ANY water!

    ReplyDelete