Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Sad Update

Well, Tenderfoot Hearth is no more as of June this year.  Yup, we're in the middle of a divorce.  I had some health issues in the past that affected my abilities to handle stress.  Basically, I was having TIAs.  I eventually did end up having a stroke in July and also found out I have a blood clotting disorder.  Fortunately, meds will control the clotting issue and I had some minor {annoying} symptoms from the stoke.  Basically, it affected my short-term memory.  Long-term is fine and I have no physical problems.  I was very, very lucky,


But due to having to avoid stress, working was difficult and unfortunately, my ex just couldn't handle the financial or emotional repercussions.  Such is life.


I ended up moving and am now back with my family until things get settled.  I definitely plan on continuing the homesteading work but for now, it will be more about household skills like canning, etc.  Once I get reestablished, I'll get back to the gardening, animals, etc. 


So I'm still here.  Hang with me as I get a grip on life again.  I appreciate everyone who has been following my little page and can't wait to share my new adventures with you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lisa. I came across your blog while looking for an old-school Dream Whip and Jello recipe. Thanks for the throwback to the Brady Bunch, LOL. My SIL made that exact combination every Thanksgiving and now I’m making it this year for my family.

    From a sister 50-sumthin’ spell-castin’ heathen.

    ReplyDelete