Sunday, January 19, 2014

Weekly Menu Using My Meal Planning

I figured since I posted a "how-to" the other day, I'd show you how I stretch my dollars this week.  Remember I said I was on a very tight budget right now?  Well, when I said tight, I mean tight.  My weekly food budget is $30.  Yup, you read that right.   I feed myself & Hubs breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks on a mere $30 a week.  That averages to $1.42 per meal. 

Remember, I have a stocked pantry & freezer so I always start there. 

I had eggplant parmesan, hot dogs, hot dog buns, chili, onions, pizza sauce, pizza dough makings (flour/salt/yeast), pinto beans, rice, tomatoes, corn tortillas, baked potatoes along with various fresh, canned or frozen veggies & fruits. 

I used that as the start of my menu planning and filled in what was on sale at the local stores.  Again, Aldi's prices couldn't be beat. They had pork on sale but whole chicken was still cheaper so I got that instead and re-vamped my menu.

This week, I spent $29.68.  If I have money leftover,  I will either save it to add to next week's budget or I will buy extra things I normally use that are sale.

This is why looking at your weekly sales flyers is very important.  Homeland often offers pantry staples like ketchup, BBQ sauce, pasta, etc. at 10/$10.00.  You don't have to buy 10 so I can pick up one or two and stash them.  That is how to build your pantry. 
 
Dinner Menu
Saturday:  Eggplant parmesan sandwiches, French Fries
Sunday:   Roast Chicken, potatoes, carrots, onions, salad
Monday:  Breakfast for Dinner: Waffles, Sausage & fruit (Pot luck at work. Baking cookies)
Tuesday:  Daddy Date Night (aka Lisa's on her own)
Wednesday:  Chicken Enchiladas, rice, refried beans
Thursday:   Pizza  with black olives/onions/peppers & salad
Friday:  Chicken-n-Noodles

I always add some sort of veggie or fruit to my meals.  Lunches are leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment