Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Yuletide!

I absolutely refuse to put up Yule decorations before Thanksgiving.  I think Thanksgiving deserves our full attention.  It's an important holiday for families and for us as Americans.  We honor our forefathers and mothers and the blessings we have received throughout the year.  All good things. 

But now that Turkey day is officially over, it's time to start redecorating! WOOHOO!

My Mother-in-Law has gifted me the past few years with a beautiful set of holiday dishes by Pfaltzgraff called Winter Berry.  They are a lovely pattern and perfect for the entire holiday season.  She really put a lot of thought into choosing this pattern for me and I appreciate them very much.
So pretty!
They are now our primary dishes.  Yes, I have different dishes for the seasons.  I will admit I have six sets of dishes.  Yeah, you read that right.  Six sets!  I just love changing things out for every season. 

Things are a bit messy around the ole homestead right now.  I've been in the garage, pulling out boxes, checking light strands, and rearranging wreaths. 

Our typical Yule theme is blue and silver.  This year, I'm incorporating red into the blue with small hints of evergreen.  I think it'll be really pretty and will blend well from room to room.  The way our house is laid out, you can see the kitchen and dining room from the living room. Because of this, I have to be aware of how the whole pulls together.  I think I'll be able to pull it off.  When I'm done, I'll post some pictures and you can tell me how I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment