Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Few More Home Improvements

We've been slowly making some changes in our home.  I've got a lot of red brick inside and outside and to be honest, it's a bit overwhelming.  So I got out some paint, spray paint and decorating supplies and got to work.

First is the kitchen.  Since we added the new tile and paint, red brick doesn't quite work anymore. 



I took a huge leap of faith and painted it white. Whew!  It turned out just beautiful!

 
There is a divider between the kitchen and living room.  I guess indoor plant holders were really popular in the 1960s. 
Check out the Brady house. They had one too. And look!  It's also made out of brick.  This picture makes me giggle.
 
Here's what I decided to do with mine.  I filled it with white fish rocks, then added shells, iridescent glass gems, and Mason jar candle holders I picked up at Ross.  Nice and summery.  Pretty cute!


 

I also made some changes outside. 

Notice the lovely brass fixtures.
Now the light and doorbell are both hammered pewter.  Yup, spray paint!  I also used spray frost on the glass.  It didn't take long but definitely updated things a bit.
 
Here is the front of the house when we bought it.  All the stuff is from the former owner.  Yes, those are plastic flowers in the window boxes. 
This is how it looks now.  Buh-bye fake flowers!
Last but not least, the most expensive change we've made.  We got a fantastic new pool liner and cover. 


 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment