Monday, February 18, 2013

Omlette Muffins

Being a working stiff, I am always on the lookout for a quick and tasty breakfast.  As I've said many times before, my go to is eggs.  I've seen omelets muffins making their rounds on the Internet so I figured I'd give them a try.

I ate the first one fresh out of the oven yesterday and it tasted just like an omelet.  I ate one for breakfast this morning, fresh from the microwave, and it was just as good.  My co-workers were drooling and asking me about them.  That's always indicative of a success.


Omelet "Muffins"
Makes 6 to 8 "Muffins"
1-1/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Chopped Vegetables & chopped meat (I used onions, celery, tomatoes, red & green peppers, and Canadian bacon)
6 whole large Eggs
2 tablespoon Milk
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon dried Parsley

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a muffin pan with generously baking spray or line with cupcake liners.
Mix cheddar cheese and assorted vegetables and meat.
Fill each cup 2/3 full with the cheese/veggie mix.
Crack eggs into a bowl. 
Add milk, salt, pepper and parsley and mix thoroughly using a wire whip or fork.
Pour egg mixture into cups, making sure to pour eggs level to the top of the muffin tin.
Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes until golden and puffy.
Let cool completely before you take them out of the pan.

I think next time, I will not use the cupcake liners.  The eggs stuck a bit but it wasn't too bad. 

You can easily multiply this by simply adding 1 egg per muffin cup.  Again, this is one of those recipes that can be easily modified to suit your own tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment