Monday, February 25, 2013

Quick & Easy Immersion Blender Mayo

Earlier, I showed everyone how to make homemade Miracle Whip.  It was easy but it took forever.  Today, I think I have solved that issue. 

I made homemade mayonnaise with my immersion blender.  So easy and so fast!  I think it took longer to gather the ingredients than it did to make.

Next time, I'm going to make the mustard mixture from the Miracle Whip recipe and add it to the finished blender mayo for a quick and easy Miracle Whip recipe.  I'll post the results.


Immersion Blender Mayonnaise
1 large whole Egg
1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard (I used Inglehoffer stone ground mustard 'cause it's what I had on hand)
1/2 fresh Lemon
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Oil
Immersion Blender
Wide-mouth Jar (one large enough to accommodate ingredients and Immersion Blender &  that allows for expansion)

Crack the egg into the jar.
Add mustard but do not mix.
Juice 1/2 lemon and add to mix, again, do not mix.
Add salt then oil and as before, do not mix.
Let oil settle then ease in the Immersion Blender.
Start blender and using a slow up-and-down motion, combine ingredients.
It only takes about 1 to 2 minutes to combine all together. 
When it is light and fluffy, take out blender, and there you have it.  Mayo!
If you want to get fancy, you can add garlic or other flavors to the mix.  As always, let your taste and imagination run free!  I think I  also add a bit of fresh ground pepper to the plain mayo for a little kick.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this wonderful Post and all the best for your future. I hope to see more post from you. I am satisfied with the arrangement of your post. You are really a talented person I have ever seen.
    If you want to learn more: Best Hand Blender Reviews

    ReplyDelete