Saturday, January 19, 2013

One Serving Bread Pudding

Yum!
I got up a little late this morning and knew I just wanted a bite of something sweet.  Something to tide me over until lunch and something yummy to go with a hot cuppa Joe.  Bread pudding fits the bill perfectly.  It's cozy and warming and delicious.  Plus, it's easy to make because I always have the ingredients in my pantry and fridge.  Today, I used cocoa nibs, pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg.  One of my favorites is chopped apples, Craisins & pecans.  If you're craving something savory instead of sweet, try chopped ham or bacon, veggies and a some grated cheese.  You can use whatever you have on hand to make it your own.  Obviously, if you make it savory, leave out the sugar and vanilla.


One Serving Bread Pudding
1 cup cubed Bread (I use 1 leftover hot dog bun)
1 large Egg
1/3 cup Milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 tablespoons Sugar
dash Salt
1-2 tablespoons embellishments (cinnamon, spices, chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, whatever floats your boat)

Spray the bowl with Pam or butter it well.  Put the bread in a microwave-safe bowl.
Whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, sugar, and salt.
Stir in your desired embellishments. 
Pour over bread and stir gently to combine.
Microwave for 1 minute then check to see if it's still liquid.  If so, microwave for 30-second intervals until center is just set. 
Still a big gooey. 
You can drizzle with syrup, melted butter, or anything else that tickles your fancy. 
Serve warm.
Warm and delicious!
 
Isn't this pottery bowl adorable?  My Mom gave me a set of six.  Perfect for keeping small servings of goodness warm and delicious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment