Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Post-Holiday Life

Whew! We made it!  The holidays are over and life is settling back into its normal routine.  The decorations are almost put away and the leftovers are used up. 

Yuletide was amazing.  We had 15 guests, drank lots of mead, toasted the Gods and had a wonderful time.  We already made plans to gather for Ostara.  I can't wait!

New Year was somewhat sedate.  Just me and the Hubs hanging out and enjoying some quiet time together while he continuously checked the Internet to see if we were going to take a tumble down the ole fiscal cliff.  Oddly enough, we really didn't verbalize any resolutions.  I have a few in mind but nothing too exciting: lose some weight, eat healthier, same as every year. 

Except for one.  I am not going to eat any fast food this year.  None! Zip! Nada!  I don't like fast food for so many reasons.  It's unhealthy.  It is completely commercialized.  Many fast food establishments treat their employees like little more than slaves, and it utilized industrialized farming.  Why would I spend my hard-earned dollars to promote ideas I am absolutely against?  So, this year, no more.  It won't be easy because it's so darn convenient.  We don't eat out a lot but we do indulge in Taco Bueno on Friday evenings when my Stepson is here.  Fortunately, he expressed to his father that he is tired of bean burritos so I have an opportunity to change things here.  Maybe we'll switch our homemade pizza nights to Friday.  Not only will we be eating healthier, Stepson can assist me in making his own little pizza which means he'll be more likely to eat it.  Small steps lead to big changes.

I'm looking forward to 2013.  2012 was a difficult year for my family and my friends.  Several of us were unemployed, we lost a few close loved ones, and there were a couple of divorces.  Yeah, I can say I am glad to put 2012 behind me.  I am excited to see what this new year has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment