Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Gardening and Eating

Here is my little garden now.  We've had rain, lots of sunshine and cooler weather lately.  Looks like my greens are liking it!  Temps are starting to drop again (YEAH!) so sometime this weekend, I think I need to mulch my garlic.  Won't be long until I can start cutting the kale and chard. YUM!


You've probably noticed I haven't been posting as often.  I've been busy.  I'm looking for a new job and I've been focusing my energy in a new way of eating. 

I've been following The Carbohydrate Addicts Diet.  I love it!  In a nutshell, you eat three meals a day, two of which are very low to no carb meals.  The third, called your Reward Meal, you can eat whatever you want.  Well, almost.  They do suggest you follow 1/3 protein, 1/3 low carb veggie & 1/3 carbs plus a large salad.  Basically, a normal, healthy, well-balanced meal.  I'll admit I've pushed the Reward Meal to its limits a few times but it has not been a problem. 

After following the program for nine days, I've lost over a pound.  OK, I know that doesn't seem like much but remember, once a day, I get to eat anything!  And I do.  I have my meal and I have dessert and I have wine!  Each and every single day!  If I only lose 1 pound a week eating this way, so be it!  I never go hungry.  I never have to deny myself a craving.  And most importantly, I don't obsess over food anymore!  That is a major change! 

For the first time in my life (seriously), food is not my priority.  Before, there was a running commentary in the back of my mind that sounded sorta like this...'What time is it? Is it too early to eat lunch?  What am I cooking for dinner?  How many calories have I eaten today?  If I eat this for lunch, I have to skip dinner.  I'm hungry.  I'm hungry.  I'M HUNGRY!  Is it time to eat yet?...on and on it went.  Every.  Single.  Day.  Does that sound like an addict to you?  Sure does to me.

If this sounds familiar, check out the CAD.  There is a test to see if you are addicted to carbohydrates here.  It's not for everyone but if you score high on the test, give it a shot.  I know I'm only nine day in but I'm totally sold!  Maybe it will help you too.

If you want to follow my progress, I've started another blog, The Healthy Hausfrau.  I'm posting daily progress, recipes, and thoughts on the CAD.  If I get brave, I'll even post my weights but I'm not quite there yet.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment