Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Halloween/Fall Snack Mix

Last night, I got a craving.  I wanted something sweet but I wanted something salty.  I couldn't decide if I wanted chocolate or caramel, crunchy or chewy.  It was frustrating to say the least. 

I finally decided.  I'd make party mix.  Covers all the bases.  So this morning, I went to the store for supplies.  I didn't really want to heat up the house so I cheated a little bit and used pre-made Chex mix.  Then I just looked around to see what sounded good to me.

Here is what I ended up with.
The cereal multi-pack was a stroke of genius, if I do say so myself!  I got six different cereals, 4 sweet ones and two plain.  Good balance.  I also decided to add some fruit and nuts to make it a tiny bit healthy.
I dumped all of it into a really big bowl and I got this. 
Doesn't this look tasty?  Believe me, it really is.  It's a fantastic mix of salty & sweet. 
And it looks pretty too!

No comments:

Post a Comment