Friday, September 13, 2013

Crispy Rice Fritters

Hubs got ambitious the other day and made a big batch of rice.  When I say big, I mean B-I-G!  We ate it with our Sweet-n-Sour chicken the other night and it's just been sitting in the fridge ever since. 

I knew I didn't want to do the obvious (fried rice) so I went on a hunt.  I can up with rice fritters.  I found a few recipes and this is what I came up with. 

Honestly, you could throw just about anything in them and I think they'd be great.  I used some leftover bacon bits & parmesan cheese.  I think it would be good with minced onions, mushrooms or leftover veggies too.  Just use whatever you happen to have hanging around your fridge.  Any cheese would work  and if you don't do dairy, just leave it out. 

Forgot to take the line up pic.  Oops!

Rice Fritters
2 cups leftover Rice (mine was white but use brown if you have it)
2 Eggs
1/4 cup Bacon Bits
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
2 Tbl. Garlic Powder
2 Tbl. dried Parsley
1 Tbl. Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
2-3 Tbl. Butter/Bacon Grease/Olive Oil/or Veggie Oil (your personal favorite oil will do)
Mix ingredients.  Let sit for a few minutes if your rice is cold so the eggs can plump it up a little bit.
Use about 1/4 cup of the rice mix and form small balls.  Sit on wax paper or parchment until you fry them.
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
Add a few patties.
Flatten and cook until browned (about 5 minutes).
Oops!  Be careful. Don't burn them.  I got impatient and this is what happened.
Add extra oil if needed and flip patties to brown on the other side.
Continue until all patties are cooked. 
Keep warm in the oven and then serve.

Of course you can top with any type of sauce that would compliment the flavors you came up with.  I left mine plain as they were seasoned well and gooey with cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment